CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Monday, April 4, 2011

Suzdal and Vladimir

I am so sorry it has been so long since I have blogged last. I have been really busy with teaching. Teaching is going well and we are on the downward slope now. I can't believe it has already been 2 months since I arrived here! Well, last month I went to two cities in Russia named Suzdal and Vladimir. Here are some pictures from that trip!

Every year when spring comes, they have a celebration saying goodbye to winter and hello to spring! During their celebration they burn a big scarecrow that looks like an old grandma. This is in Suzdal.


The burning babushka!


Me with the flag for the celebration!


Me with a puppet at the celebration in Suzdal!


Me with an authentic Russian woman!


While we were there we saw a lot of old cathedrals made in the 11th and 12th centuries. They were amazing and so beautiful!


Ya. So...I was kinda terrified of the hotel we stayed in. This is my 'scared' face.


Now can you tell why I was scared?


I was afraid for my life. But it was an experience to remember!


In front of another cathedral. They were so beautiful. It was also freezing outside. This cathedral had a tomb with a real man inside. The man was from the 11th century. I actually saw his hand! It was all black and rotted but it was still really cool! This cathedral was in Vladimir.

It was really fun to go inside all the cathedrals. I got to look at all the art and see the people worshiping. It was really interesting and cool! This trip was only two days but I saw a lot of different things. I am glad I got to go!

0 comments:

Post a Comment