CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Sunday, April 24, 2011

Easter!

The week leading up to Easter was kinda hard because I was away from home and I would be missing out on all the traditions I have with my family. However, I probably had one of the best Easter's of my life.

It started out on Saturday morning when I went to the Kremlin and then the Swan Lake ballet. The Kremlin was so cool! I got to see and go inside some of the cathedrals that are inside the Kremlin. After that we went to the armory where I saw dresses, carriages, weapons, and other artifacts from the tsars in Russia. It was amazing!

After the Kremlin we went to the Swan Lake Ballet. Seriously, nothing can get better than seeing a Russian ballet. They were amazing! It was a little over 3 hours and I have to admit I was getting a little sleepy, but it was so good! I love the music and the swan parts were my favorite. After that I was ok with missing out on Easter at home because I had just had a fabulous day.

Then on Sunday we went to church. I have a calling there and I am the primary pianist, so I got to be with the little kids as they learned about the resurrection in Sharing time. Those little children have such sweet spirits and they are so close to the Lord. I loved it.

After that a couple in the ward invited us over to their house for dinner. I was thinking it would be in another high rise apartment building, but no. They lived in a town house! It was like in a mini-America because they live right next to the school where children from Canada, America, and the UK go to school. All the people who work in the Embassies live there. I felt right at home! I could not believe it! They even had a park and everything! Sister Lockhead made us cheesy potato soup with ham and broccoli. Then she made us a casserole. For dessert we had fondue. After that all of us went into their living room and we sang church songs. Then Brother Lockhead told us stories about the Kiev temple and other things. He is like the Lawyer for the church in East Europe so he knows about all the legal stuff that goes on. They made us feel like we were their children. I had such a great time.

Us with the Lockheads and the Sisters from the Philippines.


I missed my family during Easter but I also had a great Easter in Russia. I would not have wanted it any other way!

1 comments:

DeAnn

Isn't it wonderful that you can find members of the Church no matter whwere you are! Knowing they have your same beliefs makes them family and you feel an instant connection. That is so nice of them to invite you over to share Easter. I love Primary music--I've been both a choristor and a pianist. I bet you don't even need the music to play--you are so good. So happy you are having this experience.

Post a Comment