CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Wednesday, February 9, 2011

My Life So Far!

So since I have been here I have been experiencing a lot of new things. If you know me you know I am not the most adventurous person, so it has been a little scary! However, the more new things I try the more fun I have and the more I learn!

My Beet Salad with Parmesan Cheese on top


Me eating my Beet Salad and soup. Yes, I really did eat it. I am not just posing.


My Beet Salad and Soup. The green flakes in the soup is Dill. They put dill in Everything!


Me eating a bagel-type thing with poppy seeds on top. I ordered it all by myself in Russian!


We have ridden on the metro a lot to get to places around Moscow. While waiting for our whole group to show up, we had a little fun posing in the metro station.

Jeff, Sarah, Me, and Lisa practicing our Russian faces. (Sorry the picture is a little blurry)

I absolutely adore my host brother and sister. Their names are Katya and Mitya. Katya is 11 and Mitya is 9. On Sunday they invited me to go tubing with them. I was so exhausted but I decided to g0. I ended up having a blast!

Mitya, Me, and Katya

On Saturday we went to an exhibition of sand and ice. They sculpted the sand to represent the history of Russia and they sculpted the ice to represent common fairy tales that they tell in Russia.

Me in front of part of the sand and ice exhibition.


Oh! I guess I should show you where I am living! My room is small but I like it.

This is my bed! And yes, I do really make my bed every morning!


This is my room! There is a big mirror on the closet doors which come in hand every day.


I am working hard to become a better teacher. Teaching is hard but the more I do it the easier it will become...hopefully! I am learning a ton. Not just about Russia and Russian culture, but also about myself. I have a lot more to learn, too. This is going to be a rewarding experience.

Well, that's all for now! See ya!

0 comments:

Post a Comment