CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Thursday, January 6, 2011

Training!

Hey Everyone!

So this week I had two full days of training for teaching and living in Russia. The teaching method is really cool! It is gonna be way rewarding but kinda hard at the same time. We also talked about Russian culture and what to expect when I get there. I learned that there are four stages of culture shock: 1) Honeymoon, 2) Horror, 3)Humor, and 4)Home. I am really hoping that I can get through the four stages fast so that I can really enjoy my time there.

The more I learn about Russian history the more there is to learn. It is so interesting how a country's history really does affect a country's culture. Here are some things I found interesting about Russian culture. It is good to know these things before I get there so that I am not offending anyone! (My goal is to act as Russian as possible when I am in their country).

1. It is rude to cross your legs on Russian public transportation. It is disrespectful to show the bottom of your foot to someone.
2. Ice is never added to drinks in Russia.
3. Russians, as well as a lot of Europeans, wear their wedding ring on their right hand ring finger.
4. It is forbidden to shake hands over a doorway.
5. If a woman sits on the ground many people believe she will be barren.
6. You have a pair of shoes for outside and then when you go inside you take off your outside shoes and put on your inside shoes.





I heard Ballets in Russia are amazing.


It is amazing the love I already feel for these people and I haven't even met them yet! I can't wait to be there and immerse myself in their culture and learn what they do! I also can't wait to teach little kids and make a difference in their lives!

Oh, and by the way, I am not sure when I will have internet access when I am there but I will update this blog as often as possible!

5 comments:

DeAnn

I'll be checking often. I have a good friend who is on a mission with her husband in Argentina and that is how I hear about their experiences. You will have a wonderful time. You have the right attitude to make it a success. Good luck! Aunt DeAnn

Madison

I am so excited that you are so excited! =)
I cannot wait to hear all about it. This is going to be the experience of a lifetime. I too will be checking for updates...

Nick and Casey Hill

Yay! I am so excited for you to have this experience! You'll love it--as long as you remember why you are there. Can't wait to hear all about your adventures.

~Mrs. Hulet

So...how do I "follow" your blog? It doesn't have a little button like I've seen elsewhere. But I want to follow yours so I can see how similar or different our stories are! :) 5 days!!!

DeAnn

Loved your pictures on FB. Is it really cold there? I could pick you out in the group picture (just look for the smallest, cutest, girl). Hope you are well, happy, and loving almost every minute. Love ya, Aunt DeAnn

Post a Comment